5G Testbed Engineer (m/f/d)
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Connected Robotics Lab merges the results of our research and strives to build compelling demos and visualizations. We aim at showcasing 5G and IoT technologies in realistic real-world applications. With a very flat hierarchy as well as an agile team we provide the perfect environment for you to bring in your ideas. We value communication and teamwork to accomplish our ambitious goals together.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
5G Testbed Engineer (m/f/d)
to bring these ideas to life together with us. Besides an engineer with decent experience in 5G and testbed we seek someone who participates in the whole development process and shares their unique ideas. The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in line with TV-L E-13. The position aims at supporting further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
Your responsibilities will include
- Setup and maintain a small-scale 5G testbed based on OpenSource software
- Implement automatic testing and debugging tools for testbeds
- Integrate custom software components from partners into the protocol stack
- Analyze faults and performance bottlenecks in a 5G testbed
- Support in the development of demonstrators using the testbed
We expect the following
- Finished Master's or Diploma degree in relevant subject (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related)
- Detailed knowledge about the 5G protocol stack
- Knowledge of Linux system infrastructure tools, such as Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux Networking
- Programming experience in Python, C++, and shell scripting,
- Analytic reasoning and persistent problem-solving skills
- Capacity for both independent and teamwork
- Very good communication skills in English or German
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That’s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV.
Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “5G-2023” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.