Research Associate: Physical Layer Security (m/f/d)
The Wireless Connectivity group is developing a secure and dependable architecture for the Internet of Things (IoT) using Physical Layer Security.
We are looking for a Research Associate for Physical Layer Security (m/f/d) to creatively pursue our research agenda. Besides sharing your unique ideas, you will work at investigating new Physical-Layer Security techniques and protocols, by means of theoretical work, computer simulations and hardware demonstrations.
- Design and development of physical-layer security techniques and protocols
- Computer simulation and investigation of proposed techniques
- Supporting the development of hardware demonstrators
- Participation in writing research publications and project deliverables
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Computer Engineering) from renowned universities
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python
- Knowledge of wireless communications and information theory
- Knowledge of security protocols and architecture
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account.
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master or PhD thesis.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process.
Barkhausen Institute strives for gender an diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.