Student Assistant – Wireless Communications (m/f/d)
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
To help pursue our research agenda, we are looking for a
Student Assistant – Wireless Communications (m/f/d) up to 19 hours/week
At the BI we are developing an open-source simulator for the link level of next-generation wireless communications systems. The simulator can be used both for research and educational purposes, and for the latter we are looking for an assistant to help us develop the simulator accordingly and to generate material for undergraduate and graduate courses on communications.
- Generate reference simulation scenarios using BI’s open-source simulation tool
- Improve the functionality and usability of the simulation tool
- Develop tutorials and course material on communications
We expect the following
- Study of Electrical Engineering or related courses
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of Communications Theory and Wireless Communications
- Programming skills, preferably with knowledge of Python
What we provide
- An open and creative team of enthusiastic scientists
- Close to campus
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Work on future technologies
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Application procedure: Short letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail. Please reference “Student Assistant – Wireless Communications” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address. The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.